Hosted alternately by member-countries, AASSREC Biennial General Conferences serve as a venue for:
- the presentation of country papers and the discussion of contemporary and relevant issues in the Asia-Pacific region
- the exchange of information on activities and programs, and
- shaping collaborative research undertakings among member institutions.
21st Biennial General Conference – April 2015, The Academia Sinica, Taipei
- Megacities of Asia: Social sciences and our urban futures
20th Biennial General Conference – April 2013, Cebu, The Phillipines
- Ageing for the ages: Asia-Pacific in the 21st century
19th Biennial General Conference – October 2011, Manado, Indonesia
- Evolving transnationalism: challenges and opportunities—a social science perspective
18th Biennial General Conference – August 2009, Bangkok, Thailand
- Multiculturalism in a globalizing world: views from the Asia-Pacific
17th Biennial General Conference – September 2007, Nagoya, Japan
- Disaster management: a social science perspective
16th Biennial General Conference – November 2005, New Delhi, India
- Challenges of unemployment: issues and dilemmas
- Ethics of science.
15th Biennial General Conference – November 2003, Canberra, Australia
- Youth in transition: the challenges of generational change in Asia
- Privatization and state resource allocation in higher education: a regional perspective on social science teaching and research
- Reminiscing on the eve of AASSREC's 30th Anniversary by AASSREC's first General Secretary, Mr. Yogesh Atal.
14th Biennial General Conference – October 2001, Hanoi, Vietnam
- Globalization and its impact on the Asia-Pacific region: economic, social and cultural dimensions
- Regional and ethnic diversity and the cultural resilience of the state.
13th Biennial General Conference – October 1999, Seoul, Korea
- Reflections on development and sustainability: past and future
- Confronting Asian values in the perspective of globalization
- Poverty and environment in the Asia-Pacific region: a comparative study.
12th Biennial General Conference – October 1997, Beijing, China
- Globalization and local cultures: emerging issues for the 21st century
- Asian perspectives on social harmony, social stability and diversity in globalizing societies
- Poverty and environment issues in Asian countries.
11th Biennial General Conference – September 1995, New Delhi, India
- The local impact of global transformation with reference to issues of social development.
- Philosophical reflections on bioethics within the asia-pacific cultural context: transnational cooperation.
10th Biennial General Conferenc – September 1993, Kawasaki, Japan
- Environment and sustainable development: social science
- Perspectives economic reform and democratization in Asia
9th Biennial General Conference – August 1991, Manila, Philippines
- Social science perspectives in human resource development.
- Human resource development perspectives in educational planning
8th Biennial General Conference – September 1989, Christchurch, New Zealand
- The development-culture interface: cultural perspectives on economic progress
- Social issues and environment issues
7th Biennial General Conference – August 1987, Seoul, Republic of Korea
- Societal resilience: the Asia-Pacific context
- Social development and housing
6th Biennial General Conference – September 1985, Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia
- Social science and government
- Youth and society: viewpoints for the future
5th Biennial General Conference – December 1983, Sydney, Australia
- National perspectives on social science development in Asia
- Economic futures of the Asian region and the role of the social sciences
4th Biennial General Conference – October 1981, Bangkok, Thailand
- The problems of urbanization in Asia.
- Tasks and challenges for the social sciences in Asia in the 1980s
3rd Biennial General Conference – September 1979, Manila, Phillipines
- Indigenization of the social sciences
2nd Biennial General Conference – October 1977, Bangkok, Thailand
- Bureaucracy and national development
- Role of social sciences in plan implementation and in the evaluation of development plans
1st Biennial General Conference – January 1976, Tehran, Iran
- Adoption of AASSREC Constitution